Monday, August 29, 2011

We Meet Again, for the First Time

I know, I know.  I'm such a household presence that an introduction really isn't necessary.  But hey, there's got to be a couple of people out there who don't know who I am, so we got to get them up to speed, right?

If you buy this so far, then this is for sale too. Contact for pricing.


As you're probably aware (if you can read the site's title at least), I'm Matthew Cory.  I'm a web developer living in the Denver metro area, and I fancy myself a writer at times. I've written several short stories that I've posted on previous blogs I've maintained (which I'll likely post here at some time as well), and I've also written a novel, Like Glass, which has it's own page here if you'd like more info.

I wish I could say I created the cover too.
Like Glass is currently available in the UK (though there is a site that offers free shipping worldwide if you live elsewhere), and should be available in the US really soon.  Like the next couple of weeks soon.  And if you're wondering what kind of book it is, well, I wish I could tell you (other than fiction, that is).  If it were a movie, it'd be a drama; unfortunately that means something entirely different in the world of literature.  Most people seem to classify it as a romance, but that's mainly because it's a love story at it's heart.  I think I've seen one person categorize it as a family saga.  I hadn't heard of that genre before, nor have I really heard of it much since, so your guess is as good as mine as to whether it fits there or not.

This came up searching for "genre", and makes as much sense as any genres I've tried to fit the book into.
That's something I've had a difficult time with since I've started writing.  I'm not really a "genre" kind of guy.  I've written short stories that were horror stories, and love stories, and humor.  One that was partly sci-fi, but not really (it was sci-fi because it had an encounter with aliens; does that really count?).  I've also written quite a bit of non-fiction -- mostly programming articles and tutorials, and more than a few blog posts that (in my mind, at least) aren't exactly fiction.

Pictured: also not exactly fiction in my mind.  Because ALF is  real, and lives in the hearts and minds of every child of the 80's.

Okay, enough writing about writing.  As much as I wish I could say otherwise, I do have a day job to get ready for.  But never fear, kind reader!  I shall return shortly, to enthrall you with stories and news of lands of afar!  (Or at least further details on the release of Like Glass)  In the meantime, please feel free to drop a line here in the comments.  Catch you on the flip side.

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment